Today I’m linking up with some lovely ladies and answering a Fitness survey hosted by She cooks, She crafts, She runs. Enjoy!
1.What type of workout have you not tried but would like to? Honestly, I’d like to try a Pole Fitness class. I have a few friends that have taken them and they say it’s a really good workout! I just can’t fork up the money for it.
2. Favorite song to workout to. Thrift Shop (Macklemore) The song is ridiculous but I heard it during a dull run on the treadmill one day and it got me back in the groove again.
3. What is one thing on your list of things to accomplish? I’d like to run a sub 2:30 half marathon. My PR is 2:31. And then I’d like to cut even more time off. But right now I’d be happy with 2:29:59 😉
4. Favorite Sports Bra? I’d have to look. I bought a couple new seamless ones that are working out well for me.
5. What piece of fitness advice would you give someone just starting out? For running, I would highly recommend Couch to 5k. It worked for me and I tell everyone about it. Any other type of exercise (running included) take it easy and listen to your body. Strength and PRs will come over time.
6. What is your favorite thing about Fall Sports? Lots of races to choose from and cooler weather! Oh and the NFL!
7. Does your pace improve as the weather cools down? By how much? Absolutely. I’d say by about 45 seconds to a minute per mile.
8. Does your schedule change with the cooler temperatures? Do you run more? Longer distances? It helps me stick to my training schedule better because I don’t use the heat as an excuse. But with cooler temps comes shorter days, so you can’t get out the door as early.
9. How much, if any, does your attire change? At what temperature do you begin to layer? My favorite temp to run is 60 degrees. I like to wear Capris and a tank or tee shirts. Anything over 70, I wear shorts. Anything under 50, I usually wear pants. I’ll throw on a light jacket as it gets cooler. When winter hits, I grab the gloves and add on some extra layers.
10. What is the best time of day for your workouts? In a perfect world, I’d be getting them done first thing in the morning. I don’t like the run/workout to be hanging over my head for the rest of the day. Then you have to worry about what and when you’re eating and sometimes the day just slips away and you miss the workout.
In my world, I squeeze workouts in during naps and after bedtime. Sometimes even 10 at night before going in for my third shift job.
Post a pic from your most recent workout!
Feel free to copy and paste to answer the questions on your own blog. Link Up Here