I find myself constantly looking for ideas on Pinterest and other blogs to make life easier. One of my favorite things is the idea of having meals in the freezer ready to go. Unfortunately, my intentions do not always turn into actions. I’m always finding new things to make in advance but I never seem to accomplish stocking my freezer. However this time I made a plan and stuck with it.
I’m a BIG breakfast person. If I don’t eat with in an hour or so of waking, I get hungry and irritable. The idea of switching to the day shift made me nervous because I knew I’d need to eat but didn’t want to have to wake up any earlier to do so.
So I made my breakfast and froze it:
TWENTY-FOUR Egg, sausage and cheese sandwiches on English Muffins.
And now I’m going to share this brilliant idea with YOU!
What you need:
24 English Muffins
3 lbs of sausage
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Crack eggs into pre-greased muffin pans. (1 per cup)
3. Cook eggs for 15-20 minutes depending on oven (mine took 20) Just make sure the whites are cooked and not runny.
4. While the eggs are cooking – Cut sausage log into 24 pieces and align on a cookie sheet.
5. Insert sausage into the oven when eggs come out and cook for 20 minutes at 350.
6. While the sausage is coking, begin toasting your English muffins. This part is time consuming. I used a 4-slot toaster and a toaster oven that happened to fit 3 whole muffins.
7. Butter muffins as they finish toasting.
(I also took this time to break my deli sliced cheese into quarters. and used 3 quarters per sandwich)
8. Assemble your sandwiches
Once the sandwiches have cooled a little, individually wrap them in Saran Wrap. Place wrapped sandwiches in Gallon size freezer bags and put in the freezer.
When it comes time to enjoy these for breakfast, remove a sandwich from the freezer and microwave them 1 to 2 minutes depending on your microwave. I have to microwave for a minute and then open the sandwich and microwave and additional 30 seconds.
And there you have it, a quick & easy breakfast for 24 days! Or less if you have to share, but you may not want to!