Hey everyone! It’s that time of year again – National Running Day!! This year I’m linking up with a bunch of bloggers to answer 10 questions about running.
- Why do you run? Short answer: I love the way running makes me feel. Strong, powerful and beautiful! Read my long answer here.
- How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day? By running of course! 🙂
- How many miles have you run so far this year? I wasn’t tracking for the first part of the year. I have run 77.6 miles in April and May.
- What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year? MARINE CORPS MARATHON is my big goal race! I’m also racing BAA 10k on the 21st of June. I’m running the BAA half in October but using it as a training run along with a few other races I have lined up.
- Before I leave for a run you must have: a potty break! haha
- Do you have one favorite app to track your runs? I use my Garmin Forerunner 10 while I’m running but I log everything on RunKeeper (Friend me! user name: J814)
- Who is your favorite running partner? Can I say myself?! I don’t often run with others but, over the winter, my friend JC got my through a lot of miles on the treadmill!
- What races have you run so far this year? BAA 5k with a PR!!
- If you had to give someone one piece of advice about running what would it be? Wear good shoes! In the beginning, I was just wearing old sneakers. After runs, my shins would kill me and after a while, my knees started acting up. Get fitted! It’s easier than going shoe shopping alone and you walk out with the right shoe for you! Track your miles on your shoes and replace them often.
- Describe your relationship with running in one word: transforming
Thanks to Kristen, at Jonesin’ for a Run, for sharing her questions!
Join us, won’t you?
Oh, and don’t forget about National Doughnut Day on Friday…
Will you celebrate National Running day?
What is one word you would use to describe your running relationship?