Five Things I did this Summer
- We, as a family, survived our first year of homeschooling! My oldest graduated from Kindergarten in a small ceremony with about 10 other homeschool families. It was a special moment to finish off a year full of learning – for all of us. I’m looking forward to continuing this adventure with Mini #1 and starting some preschool work with Mini #2.
- We adopted a puppy! Echo is a four month old lab/hound/? mix. He is an adorable combination and too sweet for words. He has been with our family for two weeks and has made himself right at home.
- I turned TWENTY-SEVEN. two weeks ago! I love having an August birthday. There is always something fun to do. I celebrated by going to a Toby Keith concert and getting upgraded seats. Win!
- Went to FOUR concerts with my husband. I am all concerted out. Don’t get me wrong we had an awesome time but between the kids, our schedules, and my training, it’s kind of a pain in the butt to work all these shows in! However we saw some great shows put on by Darius Rucker, Toby Keith, Jimmy Buffett and Country fest with Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney!
- Ran the furthest I’ve ever run! FIFTEEN MILES!! Comes with the territory of marathon training but still a big deal!!
What have you been up to all summer?
Any other homeschool families have good ideas for distracting a one year old while school is going on?